There are so many benefits to practicing yoga in the morning from increasing your circulation to reconnecting you with the flow of the universe.
When you practice Surya Namaskara focus on your breath and how the sun effects your life and all life. And how vital the sun is for all beings.
1. begin in mountain pose with your feet together. inhale here and exhale.
2. Inhale arms over your head bending slightly backwards gazing at your hands
3. Exhale bowing forward saluting the Mother Earth. touching the earth and sending blessings
4. inhale right knee to a lunge
5. exhale right leg back to downward facing dog
6. inhale knees chest and chin to the earth coming into cobra
7. exhale back to downward facing dog. exhale there
8. inhale left leg to lunge
9. exhale bending forward touching the earth
10.inhale coming up with arms over the head gazing at your hands
11. exhale palms to the chest in anjali mudra
Repeat for about five minutes. equally on both sides.